Friday, July 8, 2011

Rainy days

Today we had the first rainy day in months. It was lovely to wake up to the sound of rain pattering against my window and thunder rumbling in the distance. Mom, Emily, and Charlotte went to the craft stores to buy some items to use for crafts. 

Beautiful blue flowers decorate our house.

Emily did some watercolor painting

Some adorable stationery Emily bought to write letters to friends 

Charlotte made a mask


... and I baked a Texas sheet cake (I justified myself going to the gym before I made it).


And this doesn't really have anything to do with rainy days, but for Daddy's birthday we bought him a clothesline. He has been wanting one for years but never got around to setting one up. 
Yesterday, we hung some laundry up and left them over night when it started to rain. At least they are super clean now with all that extra "rinsing!"

No comments: