Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weekend Trip

This past weekend my friend Allison and I went to visit my dear friend Maryfrances who is the darling mother of an absolutely precious little girl. I fell head over heels in love with her and her sweet smiles and am missing both of them dearly right now. 









On Saturday we went apple picking. Despite apple picking being a fall activity it was 85 degrees...


My favorite apple to cook with is the Granny Smith (family lore has it that one of my ancestor's servants created the Granny Smith apple back in Australia)


Apples are my favorite fruit to pick. If you pick blueberries you spend an hour picking and have maybe one bucketful. With apples I can pick 15 lbs in 5 minutes. 


Madelyn-Jane preferred to eat the strap instead of the apples.


The trees were loaded!














The ladies 


Did I mention that there were a lot of apples?


To add to it, look at their adorable buckets!


Photo credit for this picture goes to Allison. 
She has the privilege of being one of the first people I have asked to take a picture, and it turned out to be just what I had in mind. The only other person to accomplish this is the beautiful and charming Miss Emily G.H. Barton (can you guess who helped me write this post and added the last bit?)  :)


You know you live in a warm climate when a "fall drink" is an apple cider slushie.


And hot, fresh cinnamon donuts


Thank you for the lovely trip Maryfrances!

1 comment:

Jessa Bri said...

What lovely pictures! I really enjoyed this post!