Monday, September 3, 2012

Button Swap



 The lovely Bree has set up a button swap and I had Kaitlin as my partner. We decided to send each other questions to get to know each other. You can see my answers on her blog. 

As a side note, I think blog headers are important, they are the first thing a reader sees and sets the tone for the blog. I think Kaitlin's is just lovely.  


Describe yourself in 30 words or less.
Cheerful, bubbly, outgoing, social, diverse, Arthur, passionate

What is your favorite movie?
I don't think you know how difficult this question is to answer...there are so many... I'll pick The Chronicles of Narnia 

What is one of the favorite moments of your life?
Probably one of my favorite moments is probably one of the hardest as well. This moment was when Pa and Mama told us that our unborn sibling, Gussie,  had died. We held each other and cried and mourned. It was sad, horribly sad. But it was also a beautiful time of tying those little threads that bind us closer.


Describe your family.
Fun to be with, but know when to be serious. My best friends, mentors, spiritual advisers, companions and comrades. We've been through mountains and valleys, peace and wars. It's a wonderful thing- to have 8 people that live with me that understand me, and are willing to put up with my quirks, and other weird-isms. 


Would you rather spend an entire week inside or outside (including at night)?
That depends. In the summer, I might spend an entire week outside if I could have my toothbrush.


What is your reason for blogging?
To tell my story, to reach out.

What music do you enjoy listening to?

Steven Curtis Chapman, Selah, Casting Crowns, Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Disney Soundtracks...I'm sure there's plenty more...

If you could have one dream come true (for yourself) what would it be?

Being able to take a trip around Europe.

If you were assured you would not fail, what would you attempt?

This is a pretty difficult question. I can't really think of anything I'd want to attempt that I haven't already done... I like making movies and sewing so it would probably have to do with one of those, but again, I'm not sure.

If you could learn a foreign language overnight, what would it be?

Italiano, per favore.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

Where else, but where I am? 

If you could meet one person from history (50+ years ago) who would it be?
Let's see...probably C.S.Lewis. As an incredible author and theologian (not that I completely agree with all his theology) he would be an absolutely fascinating person to have a deep conversation with.

If you could choose where you would be in 5 years, what would you be doing?

I really don't know...maybe tending my own home...

If you could trade places with anyone (alive or dead) who would it be?

Who could live so happily
As anyone but who God 
made them to be?
How could I be
In any way content
If my time in daydreams, not action, were spent?

Sorry...I'm in a rhyming mood.

What is one event in your life that has changed who you are today?
When we first heard something might be wrong, and Gussie might die, I found a quiet spot outside. It  was dark, and the stars were absolutely brilliant. My heart said "Why?" but it was then that I first felt His arms around me, comforting. I saw the stars and the whisper in my head (you know what I mean) said: "Don't you think I'm strong enough, powerful enough to take care of this?" Instantly I was flooded with the peace that passes understanding. I didn't know the outcome of the situation, but I knew, somehow I just knew, no matter what happened, all would be well.
And it was.

No comments: