Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Up North


After D.C. we headed to the not-so-cold north, Ontario, Canada to spend a few days at our cottage. I was hoping for nice chilly weather, but sadly it was not to happen...


Once we crossed the border we stopped for the night in Niagara-on-the-Lake, a very charming town (where my mom's cousin runs a B and B).  We arrived rather late and only caught the tail end of a fabulous sunset over Lake Ontario just down the street from the Inn.




We enjoyed beautiful colorful leaves around the cottage--somewhat lacking at the beach to say the least. 


Trees just off our deck overlooking the water


We spent our days by the cozy fire in our brand new woodstove


 We did lots of reading,

Some berries we picked down by the shoreline


Splendid landscapes from the cottage; this one very early one morning.


And pretty afternoons too looking out the other side of the deck.


We just never get tired of the view, no matter what time of day.








Early in the morning. 


The water was perfectly smooth, hardly a ripple to be seen


And as is my usual habit, I took portraits of my sisters. My sisters can never complain when they get older that they don't have any pictures of themselves when they were young. 








My wonderful parents















No comments: