Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Switzerland

I think Switzerland must be one of the most beautiful countries in the whole world. Everywhere you look the scenery takes your breath away.

We took a train from Budapest to Zurich which took 12 hours. This is a field of flowers in Hungary.

We had a layover in Salzburg, I was thinking of the Sound of Music the whole time.

We also saw a bit of Germany



The Eiger







I spent the afternoon sitting in a field of flowers with the snow-covered alps towering above me and blew dandelions. Wonderful.



And there were plenty of dandelions for me to blow. :)



Grindelwald: an alpine village that looks like it came out of a storybook.

My delicious snack--fresh strawberries and whipped cream. 


Happy chocolate milk cows

A lovely sunset

The color of the water in these glacier lakes is incredible.  The water is super clear and a beautiful turquoise color. 


We took a boat ride around the Lake Brienz near Interlaken and we got off at a couple of towns to explore.

At one time this lovely building was an exclusive girl's finishing school.


Mom stayed here 20 years ago and loved coming back

This was the view from our table where we had lunch on the terrace of a lovely historic hotel.

This was the view from the other side of our table.



You can't really tell but Dad and I are behind the waterfall.


On our way home we flew over Greenland;you can see lots of iceburgs in the lakes.

And this concludes my absolutely amazing trip to Europe!! Though I loved being there I was ready to get home to my own bed and my siblings.

2 comments:

Annie Kate said...

*tries not to be jealous* that is simply gorgeous!
is Iseltwald where your mom heard the people singing across the valley? Or was that somewhere else...

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Good depth with the Euro photos.

Dr. Russ Murray:)