Sunday, February 3, 2013

Up to the top

Saturday was our first full day here and in the morning we watched a jaw surgery and then in the afternoon some of us headed up the mountain for a hike to a cell phone tower which offered beautiful 360 views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. 



Most of the hike was in dense grass such as this and I tried not to think of what might live in it. Thankfully I saw no snakes or wildlife and only 1 spider. 




Some of the beautiful flowers that grow in the fields




I believe this is a papaya tree, sadly I don't like papaya





Behind this hill is Nyankunde


Doing one of the activities I like best, taking pictures


My favorite picture of the day


Normal me, in the absolute middle of nowhere in Africa.
Crazy


The girls of the trip Lindsay, Christine, and I




My dear daddy and me who was so generous to bring me along with him. 



No comments: